A recent study has revealed that the most attractive thing about a woman according to a man is her hair. Yes, not breasts, legs or eyes but hair! It’s not a surprise though, because a beautiful mane suggests good health, which is something men subconsciously look for in their partner. Beautiful hair can add volumes to a girl’s confidence and good looks. And although you may not realize it, your hair quality and style say a lot about your personality.
So it goes without saying that woman have reasons more than one forwanting smooth, shiny and strong hair. Many a times, in our pursuit to get gorgeous hair, we end up splurging on expensive hair care products.
While I’m not undermining the importance of a good shampoo and conditioner, my advice to women would be to open up their kitchen cabinets to find a host of products that can do wonders to our hair. Women in India have long relied on home remedies for their hair care, which might be the secret of their long dark hair. I’d like to share the secret with you too, because I feel every woman has a right to gorgeous hair.
Natural Solutions to Hair Loss/Split Ends
1. A great remedy for fighting hair loss is to massage a mixture of coconut milk and lemon juice on to the scalp. Rinse it with warm water after one hour.
2. A weak solution of salt goes a long way in cleansing the scalp, curing dandruff and preventing hair loss.
3. Apply whipped egg white on the scalp. Wash when dry.
4. Hair loss can be treated by applying lemon juice with used tea leaves or coconut milk.
5. Massaging the scalp with warm castor oil on a regular basis prevents spilt ends.
6. Rub oil into the scalp. Cover your mane with a hot towel. Wash with shampoo after 15 minutes.
Treating Dandruff Naturally
1. Add two teaspoon of water to two egg yolks. Wet hair and apply the mixture on the scalp. Wash with warm water
2. Massaging scalp with warm coconut or castor oil helps in reducing dandruff.
3. Massage a little soda bicarb in to the scalp and rinse thoroughly.
4. Boil one tablespoon of tea leaves in nearly a litre of water for three minutes. Cool and use it for a final rinse.
5. Applying brandy on the scalp is said to remove dandruff.
6. Another way of treating dandruff is to make an infusion of celery leaves, When it cools, add vinegar or lemon juice to it. Use it to rinse your hair.
Natural Conditioners and Shampoos
1. For silky and shiny hair, add water to leftover tea leaves and boil. Cool and use it to as a last rinse.
2. Use water in which walnut shells have been boiled, to rinse your hair after shampoo.
3. Spray some milk on your damp hair with using a spraying bottle. Wash after 20 minutes to have shiny straight hair.
4. Mix gooseberry paste with sour buttermilk. It works great as a shampoo and conditioner.
5. One egg mixed with one tablespoon of lemon can be used for shiny hair.
The important thing to remember here is that if you want beautiful hair, you should use these remedies on a regular basis. Don’t forget to have healthy food because the quality of your hair also depends a lot on what you eat. Stay healthy, stay beautiful!
Secret Tips to Ultimate beauty by Vijaya Kumar (Pg83-88)
Aishwarya Vohra writes articles on health, fitness and beauty. She is a military wife and a freelance writer associate with Escentual.com, a site with products from big brands like Clarins and Dior.